Thursday’s the big day, of course. Time to sit down with your loved ones, reflect on the good things in your life and then feast on the big bird.
Most people have more to be thankful for than they realize. Here at the Times, this is the time of year that we like to get into the minds of some of the movers and shakers, famous and infamous, and predict their gratitude on Thanksgiving Day.
Here are a few of their likely thoughts:
• President Obama: I thank God Election Day won’t take place for another year. If the economy doesn’t get much better by then, my goose will be cooked.
• Rick Perry: Thank God for cue cards.
• Michele Bachmann: Thank God Rick Perry makes me look intelligent.
• Herman Cain: Thank heaven for little girls.
• Anthony Bevilacqua: I thank God for allowing me to get old and too feeble to testify in person at the perverted-priest trial.
• Mayor Michael Nutter: I thank the political gods that the Republicans never have a prayer of winning the mayor’s race.
• City Councilman-elect David Oh: Thank God for absentee and provisional ballots.
• City Councilwoman Joan Krajewski: I am so thankful to retire four years after I retired.
• Sandy Stewart: I thank the voters for not sending me to City Council; heck, I didn’t even want the job in the first place.
• Andy Reid: Thank God I’m gonna get kicked out of the Eagles’ nest pretty soon. I need some rest.
• Chris Christie: Thank God Weight Watchers will help me look healthy enough to run for president in 2016. ••
Send letters to: email@example.com