The Frankford Community Development Corporation is looking for a commercial corridor manager to cultivate relationships with Frankford Avenue’s diverse business operators and to serve as an intermediary for local businesses and city departments and technical assistance providers.
The commercial corridor manager’s duties include:
• Maintaining contacts and relationships with local businesses, the local business association and other organizations that service Frankford’s business corridor.
• Aiding the business association in recruiting members.
• Responding to inquiries and referrals from potential clients and public officials.
• Coordinating and conducting special events.
• Establishing a quarterly newsletter for corridor and other community events.
• Maintaining a resource library and business database.
• Reporting all activities.
The successful applicant has a bachelor’s degree. The CDC would prefer to hire someone with a master’s degree in urban planning, economic development or a related field.
A minimum of two years of community and development-related experience is preferred. Volunteer or intern work will be considered in lieu of paid work experience. The qualified candidate must work with a diverse population, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and be familiar with Microsoft Office.
To apply, contact Kimberly Washington, executive director, Frankford Community Development Corporation, 215–743–6580, or firstname.lastname@example.org ••