Congratulations to the graduating class.
Source: Community College of Philadelphia
Community College of Philadelphia’s Northeast Regional Campus, 12901 Townsend Road, last week hosted a graduation ceremony for its Power Up Your Business class.
Entrepreneurs and businesses came together for a 10-week class to learn from one another and coaches Marsha Pearson and Nestor Torres.
CCP’s goal is to strengthen neighborhood commercial corridors.
In all, representatives from 19 businesses participated.
City Councilman Bobby Henon was especially proud of the six businesses based in the 6th Councilmanic District.
Each business owner presented a 30-second elevator pitch and tactical improvement plan.
Below are the course graduates:
• James Betterson, Betterclean Laundry Corp., 6391 Oxford Ave.
• Angela Bracy, Seasons Child Development Center, 6529 Rising Sun Ave.
• Colleen Brady-Riley, Sportmaster Bait and Tackle, 6301 Ditman St. (temporarily at 7106 Torresdale Ave.)
• Ana Garrido, Olivio Handy Services, which focuses on the 19111, 19120 and 19124 ZIP codes
• Teri Grumbrecht, Greater Northeast Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce
• Donna Hollander, Donna Skin and Body Care, 10014 Sandmeyer Lane
• Brian McQuiod, McQuiod Allstate, 12040 Bustleton Ave.
• Cleo Psillos and Chris Psillos, Athenian Restaurant, 6824 Torresdale Ave., the “hidden gem of the Greater Northeast,” Chris said.
• Matt Ragan, Adventure Alley Children’s Learning Center, 903–05 Tyson Ave.
• Eddie Washington, Washington General Contractor
• Wanda Walker, Read Ready Daycare and Early Learning
• James Mills, The Spicy Belly
• Romona Mercer, Aunt Verlea’s Pound Cake Experience
• Sharon Mayes, Xpressions Beauty Boutique
• Elyse Bordes, Lysa’s Cake’tique
• Kimberly Council, All of a Sudden Desserts
• Teka Le, Queen Beauty Academy, 6133 Colgate St.
• Anna Mae Guille, Fun Time Child Care
• Tony Gardner, K Fish Comestible ••