The Mayfair Business Improvement District last week considered three zoning matters.
The group granted, with provisos, an effort by World of Animals, 6503 Frankford Ave., to renovate a second-floor apartment to expand its veterinary hospital.
The BID approved, without provisos, a request from Speedway, 7000-12 Frankford Ave. (at Tyson Avenue), to convert its price sign from traditional numerals to LED.
The organization also approved, with provisos, a proposed brewery at 6245 Frankford Ave. (near Robbins Avenue), in the former FlynnO’Hara Uniforms. Owner Mike Scotese said the brewery would be open Thursdays to Sundays, and be closed each night by midnight.
In other news from the March 20 meeting:
• Mayfair Restaurant & Tavern Week continues through Sunday, March 31. There will be lunch, dinner, drink and snack specials at Aya Fusion Thai & Chinese Food, Cappy’s Cafe, Emma’s Cafe, Factory Donuts, Gino’s Pizza Cafe, Grey Lodge Pub, House of Thai, Mayfair Diner, Montesini Pizza, Philly Pretzel Factory, Rauchut’s Tavern, Reale’s Sports Bar, Rita’s Water Ice, Santucci’s Square Pizza, SuperStar Pizza, Tony’s Famous Tomato Pie and King’s Highway Tavern. More details are at mayfairphilly.com.
• On Saturday, March 30, from noon to 3 p.m., the Mayfair BID will partner with sports radio WIP and Einstein Healthcare Network on the first Mayfair NFL Combine and Community Health Day at the Mayfair Community Center, 2990 St. Vincent St.
Families will receive medical tips and guidance from Einstein physicians, while the kids take part in a mini-NFL combine with Eagles alumni A.J. Feeley and Jon Ritchie.
The “Go Birds” Saturday radio program will broadcast live from 1 to 3 p.m.
The afternoon will feature a 40-yard dash, three-cone drill, standing long jump, a pushup challenge, a 20-yard shuttle run, vertical jump and field goal kick.
There will be a quarterback challenge against Feeley, blood sugar testing, nutritional tips, the WIP prize wheel, pizza and water.
• State Rep. Joe Hohenstein will hold office hours on Saturday, April 6, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Ice Moon, 7260 Frankford Ave. Call 215-744-2600.
• The second annual Mayfair Arts Festival will take place on April 13, from noon to 3 p.m., on Frankford Avenue, from Princeton Avenue to Tyson Avenue.
• The For the Record with Brian Westbrook podcast is sold out. It’s scheduled for Wednesday, March 27, at 7 p.m. at Mayfair Theater, 6243 Frankford Ave. ••