HomeNewsTacony church closing Sunday after 126 years

Tacony church closing Sunday after 126 years

St. Petri-Hope Lutheran Church, 6816 Jackson St. in Tacony, will close on Sunday, June 2, after 126 years.

The church invites the community to a “hymn sing” at 10:30 a.m. The final service will be at 3 p.m.

According to a history on ministrylink.org, Immanuel German Evangelical Lutheran Church opened on the site in 1893.

A merger took place in 1950 with St. Petri Evangelical Lutheran Church, of West Philadelphia. The church became known as St. Petri Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tacony, Philadelphia.

In 2003, Hope Lutheran Church, of Wissinoming, closed and merged with St. Petri to become St. Petri-Hope Lutheran Church. ••

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular