Christmas is just a week away, with Hanukkah only days away.
While many Northeast families will be enjoying a holiday meal and gift-giving, others are struggling this time of year.
The 71st annual Eleanor Smylie Community Fund drive is attempting to help the needy again this year.
We have been hearing from people who need help, including an elderly Bell’s Corner couple with serious health issues; a disabled single mother of two boys from Holmesburg; and a hearing-impaired single mom from Bustleton.
Readers have been making donations to help people like them for more than seven decades. All money collected is used to buy gift cards to provide holiday dinners and children’s gifts.
Donors’ names will be published, unless they request to remain anonymous.
If you would like to request help, please take a few minutes to write a letter. The address is:
Eleanor Smylie Community Fund
2 Executive Campus
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002
Include a name and contact information for an agency or person for verification. Everything about the process will remain anonymous.
If you are able to donate, please send a check to the Eleanor Smylie Community Fund at the address above. Any amount will help.
Thank you for your consideration.
Here are some recent donors:
• Anonymous $25
• Anonymous $5
• In memory of Vince and Nellie Salandra $50
• Oxford Beverage $1,000
• Jacquelynn and Philip Diaz $25
• Kathy Hennessey, in memory of nieces Shannen Doherty and Nicole DeSteffano $25
• Felicia and Lisa Dooley $50
• Perseverance Encampment No. 135 $200
• Cathleen and Michael Hopkins $25
• Ellie and William Schaible $100
• In memory of Debbie Poserina $100
• In memory of Allan H. Levin $50
• Anonymous $125
• Joseph and Donna Tomaselli $25
• In memory of Emma and Walter Reichert $20
• Anonymous $25
• Anonymous $500
• Jean M. Kolb $25
• Elizabeth F. Capella $50
• Kathleen Ziolkowski $10
• In memory of Jonathan McGowan $50 ••