Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.
The 71st annual Eleanor Smylie Community Fund drive is over, and our readers have opened their hearts again to help needy people in the Northeast.
The money collected was used to buy gift cards for people to purchase children’s gifts and food for holiday dinners.
In all, reader contributions helped more than 100 individuals and families this holiday season.
Thank you very much for your kindness, and have a happy new year.
Here are some of our latest donors:
• Mary and Ferdinand Toriello $10
• In memory of Bill and Marie Quinn $50
• In memory of John and Betty Eberle $50
• In memory of Susan Eberle Proud $50
• In memory of Joan and Jack McGowan $100
• Rosemarie Pruette $25 ••