The Fox Chase Homeowners Association last week voted, 28-0, to change its name to Fox Chase Civic Association.
The group is seeking to become incorporated. However, there is an incorporated group named Foxchase Homeowners Association in Washington County, in western Pennsylvania. The name change needed a two-thirds vote to pass.
In other news from the May 10 meeting:
• The crowd heard from Capt. Marc Metellus and community relations officer Mark Mroz, of the 2nd Police District, and Rockledge Police Chief John Gallagher. National Night Out will take place on Tuesday, Aug. 1, outside Fox Chase Elementary School.
Inspector Frank Bachmayer, commander of the Northeast Police Division, will hold a town hall meeting on Wednesday, May 24, at 7 p.m. at Abraham Lincoln High School. Metellus and the commanders of the 7th, 8th and 15th districts will be on hand.
Gallagher will be the guest speaker at a Memorial Day service on Monday, May 29, at 10:45 a.m. at Lawnview Cemetery, 500 Huntingdon Pike in Rockledge. The service is sponsored by American Legion Cpl. John Loudenslager Post 366. At 10:30, there will be a short service, a 21-gun salute and taps for the fallen at the war memorial, on the cemetery grounds.
• Loudenslager, 7976 Oxford Ave., will host a spaghetti dinner on Saturday, June 10, from 4-7 p.m. The cost is $12. The menu will feature caesar salad, spaghetti and meatballs, Italian bread and butter, coffee, tea and soft drinks. For tickets, call Larry Keeley at 215-675-4526.
• The civic association thanked City Councilman Brian O’Neill for approving a Philadelphia Activities Fund grant.
• The Rockledge Fox Chase Business Association will hold Art in the Park on Saturday, May 20, from 2-5 p.m. at Northeast Lions Park, 7964 Oxford Ave. There will be art, music and vendors.
• The American Red Cross will hold a blood drive on Thursday, June 8, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Cpl. John Loudenslager American Legion Post 366, 7976 Oxford Ave. Sign up by calling 800-RED CROSS or going to www.redcrossblood.org and entering ALPOST366.
• Fox Chase Civic Association will meet on Wednesday, June 14, at 7:30 p.m. at American Legion Loudenslager Post 366, 7976 Oxford Ave. ••