District Attorney Larry Krasner, the Philadelphia Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement partners are requesting the public’s help locating eight fugitives wanted for homicides committed in Northeast Philadelphia since September 2022.
Members of the public with information about these suspects’ whereabouts should call the Philadelphia Police Department’s crime tip line at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or homicide unit at 215-686-3334 or email Tips@PhillyPolice.com. They can also contact the U.S. Marshall’s Office at 877-WANTED-2 (877-926-8332).
Visit PhillyMostWanted.org for more information.
The suspects are as follows:
• Justin Akines, 34, is wanted for fatally beating his partner’s 4-month-old child in an apartment on the 8200 block of Frankford Ave. on the morning of Sept. 4. Investigators do not have a motive.
• Taj Lennon (15), Kevin Yip (23) and Kyzir Reeves (18) are wanted for their involvement in a quadruple shooting that occurred on the afternoon of April 28, on the 5900 block of Palmetto St. Three of the four shooting victims, all of whom ranged in age from 14 to 17 years old, succumbed to their gunshot wounds. Five .40 caliber and 12 9mm fired cartridge casings were recovered from the scene, in addition to a .40 caliber Glock 27. Tyree Lennon (23) was apprehended on July 6 for his role in this shooting.
• Kelvin Ortiz-Santos, 30, is wanted for the murder of a Port Richmond man whose charred remains were discovered by firefighters responding to a car fire on the 5900 block of Sylvester St. in the early morning hours of April 18. Investigators linked Ortiz-Santos to the crime through vehicle registration records and surveillance video recovered from the area. The District Attorney’s Office Homicide and Non-Fatal Shootings Unit approved charges for Ortiz-Santos on June 2.
• Qasim Pointer, 21, is wanted for fatally shooting a 17-year-old female who was walking her dog on the 5300 block of Horrocks St. on the evening of Sept. 11. Upon further investigation by Philadelphia police, the District Attorney’s Office Homicide and Non-Fatal Shootings Unit approved charges for Pointer including Murder, Conspiracy, Violation of the Uniform Firearm Act 6106 and VUFA 6108, and Possession of an Instrument of Crime on Feb. 16. No crime gun was recovered from the scene.
• Nicholas Santiago, 30, is wanted for shooting a 38-year-old male multiple times in the torso on the evening of June 9, on the 7100 block of Jackson St. The victim was transported to Jefferson Torresdale Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. Three 9mm fired cartridge casings were recovered from the street where the homicide occurred. The District Attorney’s Office Homicide and Non-Fatal Shootings Unit later approved charges of Murder, VUFA 6105, VUFA 6106 and VUFA 6108, Possession of an Instrument of Crime and related charges.
• Rasheem Trusty, 30, is wanted for fatally shooting a City of Philadelphia sanitation worker on the morning of Nov. 18, on the 7300 block of Rowland Ave. The sanitation worker was shot multiple times throughout his body while on duty and was pronounced dead at the scene by medics. ••