The Historical Society of Frankford recently hosted its first of four spring programs with the presentation “Ride the Rails,” which illustrated the evolution of transportation in Philadelphia from trolley cars to the Frankford El.
Visuals were shown on lantern slides, which are photographs pressed between two thin pieces of glass displayed via a special projector.
The Historical Society of Frankford gives free monthly lectures March through June and September through December. The building, located at 1507 Orthodox St., also houses a museum available by appointment.
The organization is seeking volunteers to help out with its archives. Contact email@example.com if interested.
The next meeting focused on Philadelphia mansions will be presented by author Thom Nickels and will take place April 9 at 7:30 p.m. ••