City Councilman Brian O’Neill (R-10th dist.) last week distributed 145 Philadelphia Activities Fund grants to organizations in the 10th Councilmanic District.
The grants totaled $270,750.
A number of Boy Scout troops received funding, and they presented O’Neill with a trophy.
The recipients are below.
• The CARES programs at Christ the King School, Maternity B.V.M., Our Lady of Calvary, St. Anselm, St. Martha, St. Christopher and St. Cecilia.
• Resurrection Art; Camp Achdus; Camp Calvary; Order of Sons of Italy; Fox Chase Farm Livestock 4-H Club; Northeast Family YMCA; Pegasus Riding Academy Inc.; Philadelphia Old Timers Soccer; Retired Police, Fire & Prison Guards; Federation Early Learning; Holocaust Awareness; Citizens for Fire Prevention Committee (youth explorers); Holy Redeemer food cupboard; New World Association; Northeast NORC; Self Help Movement; Archbishop Ryan Theater Arts Parents Association; St. Anselm 19154 Run; Ballroom Dancing Classroom (St. Christopher); St. Christopher School Computer Science & Robotics; and Maternity BVM Church St. Vincent de Paul Society.
• Cpl. John Loudenslager Post 366, Rhawnhurst Memorial Post 754.
• Boy Scouts of America/Boy Scout Troops 18, 111, 160, 174, 226, 246, 290, 367, 385, 394, 449 and 460; Venture Crew 160 BSA; Boy Scouts of America, Girl Troops 18 and 226; Cub Pack 111, 160, 174, 226, 290, 367, 394, 449, 460 and 2226; Girl Scout Troops 91504 and 9294, Resurrection Girl Scouts, Girl Scouts Service Unit 554.
• Burholme Town Watch & Civic; Fox Chase Homeowners Association; Fox Chase Town Watch; Greater Bustleton Civic League; Millbrook Civic; Normandy Civic Association; Rhawnhurst Civic and Town Watch; Somerton Civic Association; West Torresdale Civic Association; Morrell Park Town Watch.
• The CYOs at Christ the King, Maternity BVM, Our Lady of Calvary, St. Albert the Great, St. Anselm, St. Cecilia, St. Martha, St. Martha High School and St. Christopher.
• Friends groups for Bustleton Library, Fox Chase Farm, Fox Chase Library, Pennypack Park and Ryerss Library & Museum.
• The 2nd, 7th and 8th Police District Advisory Councils.
• Christ the King Seniors, Golden Years Seniors, Lincoln Cultural Seniors, Maternity BVM Senior Citizens Club, Calvary Seniors ll, Raymond & Miriam Klein JCC, Resurrection Seniors, Rosemary Montagno Center, St. Albert the Great 55 Plus Club, St. Anselm Senior Citizens Club, St. Cecilia Seniors, St. Christopher 50+ Club, St. Martha Senior Club, FOP Seniors, Rieder Tabas Association (Federation Housing Inc.), Golden Artisans Senior Group, Cedar Views Resident Council.
• Academy Sabres Sports Association; Archbishop Ryan Swim Club, Cheerleading Club, Diamond Club Baseball, Ice Hockey Club, Junior Wrestling Program; Bustleton Bengals; Calvary Athletic Association; Calvary Gym Youth Fund; Christ the King flag football, softball and swimming; Danube Swabian Association Soccer; Far Northeast Baseball Red Raiders; Far Northeast Raiders-American Youth Football; Fox Chase Soccer; Fox-Rok Athletic Association; Liberty Bell Youth Organization; McDonald LBYO Gymnasium Fund; NEO youth sports organization; Northeast Patriot youth baseball organization, Parkwood Recreation Center basketball; Parkwood Youth Association; Philadelphia Soccer Club; Philadelphia Storm AA; Philadelphia Spirit; Rhawnhurst Athletic Association; Somerton Youth Organization Basketball Committee; Somerton Youth Organization; Philadelphia Police & Fire Football Club; Fox Chase Champions; Boyle Advisory Council; Officer John Marynowitz Gym; St. Christopher School After School Sports Program; Maternity BVM swim team; Our Lady of Calvary swim team; Resurrection swim team; St. Albert the Great swim team; Storm Chasers swim team (St. Cecilia School); Northeast swim coaches; St. Christopher swim team; and St. Martha swim team. ••